When a teacher logs in to Paper, they will see their name and curriculum at the top of the page, with a down arrow next to them. Clicking this arrow opens a dropdown from which they can change what curriculum they are viewing (if they teach more than one curriculum) and can select/change the view between the:
- Packet View - A list of all published packets for the curriculum. In this view, teachers select a packet to view all students' work on the same assignment.
- Student View - A list of all students assigned to that teacher for the curriculum. In this view, teachers select a student to view their work across multiple assignments.
- Scan Log - A record of all the student work scans that have been uploaded by the teacher, as well as scans by another user that include student work connect to this teacher/curriculum. Teachers can use the scan log in the unusual event of a scanning error to resolve the issue (e.g. if a student accidentally wrote/drew on their QR code and Paper could not read it).
The left pane displays a list of published packets for the curriculum that the teacher is currently viewing. To the right, the packet list includes the number of scans and percent of the teacher’s students whose work has been scanned.
- When a packet is selected, its name is highlighted and displayed at the top of the page. A list of students who were assigned the packet appears in the middle pane and can be filtered or selected.
- The "download full source" button also appears, which teachers can use to download a blank copy of the full PDF that was uploaded to create the packet.
- When a student is selected, their name is highlighted and displayed at the top of the page, and their scanned work appears in the right panel.
Student View is similar to Packet View, but the left and center panes are switched to make it easier to see a single student's progress across multiple assignments. The left pane displays a list of students registered to the teacher for the curriculum that they are currently viewing.
- When a student is selected, their name is highlighted and displayed at the top of the page and a list of packets they have been assigned appears in the center pane.
- When a packet is selected, its name is highlighted and displayed at the top of the page. The student's scanned work for that packet appears in the right pane.
- Teachers can use the up and down arrows to review the students' work across assignments.
The scan log contains a record of student work that has been scanned by or for this teacher. For each batch of scanned work, teachers can see the date that scanning occurred, and both the number and the percent of pages that scanned successfully. If a scanning error occurs, teachers can click on the batch and specific page to see the scanned image and identify the cause of the error.
In the example below, a sticker was mistakenly placed on top of the QR code, so Paper could not read and sort the page properly. After viewing the scan log, the teacher can simply remove the sticker and rescan the page.