Intended Audience: All Paper users
Date of Last Update: August 2023
Context: The Question View supports easily navigating between work on the same question by multiple students. This view is available for assessments that are linked to external score data (i.e., a matching assessment in Illuminate).
For the full video tutorial playlist, please view here.
Open Question View from the Teacher or School tab by selecting a packet from the list and then clicking the Q icon in the right-hand column.
When can I use the Question View?
Question View is available for assessments whose answer key was imported during packet entry. Student performance data is available if scores were entered into Illuminate prior to the last external data pull.
What can I learn using Question View?
In Question View, the percent of students that got each question correct is displayed in a bar graph across the top of the screen (a longer bar means more students got the question correct). A list of students appears in a column on the lefthand side, and underneath each name is a bar representing the students' score overall on the packet. The right pane displays the student work for the selected student/question combination (and, for Humanities assessments, the student's annotations on any corresponding passages).
When a question is selected, the top-left corner of the screen shows the distribution of students' answers, with a star indicating the correct or full-credit answer. Clicking on one of the answer choices will filter the student list to display the names of students that chose that answer. The pane displaying student work updates to reflect the student/question that are selected. Users can switch between questions or students using keyboard shortcuts (see the screenshot at the bottom of this article).
The drop-down menu in the top left corner includes:
- A search bar and shortcuts enabling users to return to a packet list for a teacher, curriculum, or school (more on these navigating these views here)
- Shortcuts to view student work by Standard, over Time, or selected samples from other teachers
- Shortcuts to switch teachers (click the teacher's name) or packets (click the packet name)
- A legend for the keyboard shortcuts to navigate quickly between students and questions
- The scan status (student work in Paper) and score status (assessment data in Illuminate)
- Shortcut to Scan Log to fix scanning issues
- Links to view support articles and report an issue to IT Support