Intended Audience: All Paper users
Date of Last Update: January 2024
Context: The Standard View feature supports easily navigating between work by multiple students on the questions that assess a particular standard. This view is available for assessments that are linked to external score data (i.e., a matching assessment in Illuminate).
For the full video tutorial playlist, please view here.
Open Standard View from the Teacher or School tab by selecting a packet from the list and then clicking the S icon in the right-hand column.
When can I use the Standard View?
Standard View is available for assessments whose answer key was imported during packet entry. Student performance data is available if scores were entered into Illuminate prior to the last external data pull.
What can I learn using Standard View?
- In Standard View, the average percent correct for each standard is displayed in a bar graph across the top of the screen:
- A longer bar means students performed better on that standard
- The bar graph is sorted from lowest to highest performance on standards
- In the top left corner, underneath the standard name, click on the (i) icon to view the full standard description
- The standard descriptions are sorted the same as the bar graph (lowest to highest performance)
- A mini-bar graph gives a quick look at per-question performance without having to go back to the question view
- See screenshot below for an example
- A list of students appears in a column on the left-hand side, and underneath each name is a bar representing the students' score overall on the packet.
- The right pane displays the student work for the selected student/question combination (and, for the Humanities, the student's annotations on the corresponding passage).
- In the top left corner of the screen, Paper displays the question numbers that correspond with that standard and the distribution of students' responses for the selected question:
- A star * indicates the correct or full-credit answer to the question.
- Clicking on one of the answer choices will filter the student list to display the names of students who chose that answer. The pane displays student work updates to reflect the student/question that is selected.
- Users can switch between questions or students using keyboard shortcuts (see the screenshot at the bottom of this article), and after viewing the last question for a standard, can use the same shortcuts to move on to the next standard.
The drop-down menu in the top left corner includes:
- A search bar and shortcuts enabling users to return to a packet list for a teacher, curriculum, or school (more on these navigating these views here)
- Shortcuts to view student work by Question, over Time, or selected samples from other teachers
- Shortcuts to switch teachers (click the teacher's name) or packets (click the packet name)
- A legend for the keyboard shortcuts to navigate quickly between students and questions
- The scan status (student work in Paper) and score status (assessment data in Illuminate)
- Shortcut to Scan Log to fix scanning issues
- Links to view support articles and report an issue to Support