Last Updated: October 2023
Intended Audience: School staff who setup their Ponder Paper scanner
Context: After setting up your scanner, you may see the following error message(s) on the scanner's screen:
Scanner screen reads, "Waiting to connect"
Scanner screen may also read, "Cannot connect to PaperStream NX Manager. Check the network settings. Code: M4:A4"
1. Ensure your ethernet cord is connected to the back of the scanner and the other end is connected to a functioning internet port.
2. On your scanner home screen, towards the bottom, click on the settings gear icon
3. In the Settings menu, click on Scanner Settings
4. On the Password screen, use the keyboard to enter "password" (all lowercase). Check "Display keystrokes" to confirm spelling.
5. On the Scanner Settings page, click on "How to connect" to continue with settings setup:
6. Follow the setup instructions from the article: Setting up your scanner part 1. Begin at the section: "Scanner Setup Continued"
Please reach out to your IT team if you need further support.