Intended Audience: Brooklyn Regional Team (BRT), Copy Center, Print Shop
Date of Last Update: September 2023
Context: This is step 2 of the printing process. For step 1, refer to this article: Generating PDF multi-page assessments (BRT / SCHOOLS). This article covers how to prepare the assessment download links (PDFs) to then send to the printer.
PRINTING PONDER PAPER ASSESSMENTS
- To navigate to the Downloading PDF Page, log into Paper, select School view:
- Enter the school name and assessment name, click Generate PDFs for printing
- You should see the generated assessments in blue grouped by either teacher (for Middle School) or packet (for High School). Click the Download button on the top-right hand corner to go to the Download page:
- On the download page click copy the download link:
- The Print Shop Google Sheet: Create a Google Sheet where you will paste in information for all the schools. To see an example template, click here. Make a tab for each of the schools you will be printing for.
- As you copied from step 4, next, paste (do not use Paste Values as you'll lose the formatting) the information into your Google Sheet and particular tab for that corresponding school. It will paste a block of text like this:
- Repeat steps 2-6 for all the other schools. Your Google Sheet is now ready to use as a tracker for printing.
- In the case where an assessment was recalled (e.g. errors in the exam PDFs) and regenerated: for each school copy and paste into the Google Sheet again overriding whatever information was previously there. The old packets will be greyed out and the download links will be labelled "superseded". The new links for the packets will appear at the bottom:
- With each printed packet, the copy center must make sure the the following columns correspond to the printed materials:
Once printed make sure of the following:
- Check that the first page of first packet matches the listed QR code by referring to the column named "[1-1] text code"
- This is to verify that the correct assessment is being packed
- Check that the first page of the second packet matches the listed QR code by referring to the column named "[2-1] text code"
- This is to verify that the substapling is done at the correct pages
- Check that the last page of the last packet matches the QR code by referring to the column named "[last-last] text code"
- This is to verify that we have completed the print job for the assessment
Google Sheet Example:
Ponder Paper Example:
If there are any issues or questions about the printing process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org