Materials/information you’ll need to enter a packet:
- Finalized PDF version of packet
- URL for source materials (optional, recommended if there are supplemental materials to go with the student packet)
- Correct answer for multiple choice questions & point values for open-ended questions (optional)
- If using, Illuminate assessment title
Step 1: Select a curriculum & add new packet
- On the home screen, select one of the curricula for which the assessment or exit ticket will be used (once configured, you can add it to other curricula in a later step).
- Click the “+” at the top of the next page to add a new packet.
Step 2: Drag PDF into Paper
- Upload a blank version of the packet.
- Ensure that the packet you’re uploading has completed all rounds of feedback and is formatted for printing. (You will not be able to edit or replace the PDF itself)
- We recommend one-inch margins at the top or bottom of each page in a packet to avoid the QR labels covering content when printed.
Step 3: Select Type & Page(s) and Name Packet
- Three types are supported in Paper:
- 1-sided Ticket: An exit ticket that is only one page. Select the page with the exit ticket on it, which will be printed with a QR label.
- 2-sided Ticket: An exit ticket that is two pages long. Select the first page of the exit ticket (Paper knows that the following page is the second page), which will be printed with a QR label.
- Full Packet: An assessment that will either be printed/scanned in full using Paper, or that will be configured for the purposes of analysis dashboards.
- Each organization will likely establish its own naming convention for new packets. Recommendations for naming packets can be found in this article.
Step 4: Place the QR Label
- Select the size and placement of the QR Label appropriate to your packet, ensuring that you avoid placing the label over any text that students will need to be able to see.
- You will be able to preview up to two pages on this step. Later on, you will have the opportunity to preview the full packet before publishing.
Step 5: Verify and Submit
- Once submitted, you will not be able to replace the PDF or change which page(s) are selected for the exit ticket.
- Scroll through the full packet to ensure the correct pages are present and the QR label on each page is not obstructing packet content.
- When you are sure the packet is ready to publish, check the boxes, and click submit.