This step is not required in order for a packet to published. Organizations should decide whether the Answer Key will be entered for tickets and full packets.
Enter Answer Key
- From the main packet entry screen, look at the “Answer Key” panel and select “edit”
- First, add the names of all passages (skip if none) and click “next”
- Add all questions, and select the passage it connects to (if applicable) and the correct answer or point value for each question.
- If passages were entered, they will appear on the right side and should be selected for each question that relates to that passage.
- Question number is editable (e.g. for multi-part questions)
- Multiple choice: configure the total number of choices and the correct answer.
- Open-ended response: configure the total number of points available.
- Grid-in questions are not currently supported in Paper, so we recommend configuring it as an OER.
Add Passages and Questions to Pages
- After adding the last question, click “next” to add passages and questions to pages.
- Use the up and down arrows to navigate between pages.
- When each page is displayed, click on the passage(s) and question(s) that appear on that page.
- They can be added to multiple pages if needed.
- Items will be highlighted yellow if they are tagged to the page that is currently displayed.
- A check mark appears next to an item once it has been added to any page.
- A red circle next to an item indicates it has not yet been added to any page.
- Every passage and question must have a checkmark (i.e. must be added to at least one page) before the page will allow you to submit.
- Scroll through to verify you have correctly mapped items to pages, then click “submit”
- Note: You will not be able to submit until all passages and questions you have entered have been tagged to at least one page.