Last Updated: September 2023
Intended Audience: IT and School Ops who create new fobs to use with the Ponder Paper scanner
Context: Staff members may lose their scanner fobs from time to time. This article shows how to replace a lost fob. For instructions on how to setup fobs for all staff as part of onboarding, please refer to the Ordering & Setting Up Fobs article.
1. Have a new blank fob on hand.
2. Have 1 scanner powered on and nearby.
3. Log into EasyNXConnect
4. Click "User Accounts" on the left hand menu:
5. Click "Configure Users"
12. When you see the page below, pickup a new fob and hover it over the square icon on the scanner (see photo below):
On your computer:
On your scanner:
13. This should give you an error message on the scanner that reads "Authentication failed". This is an expected message. Click on the "Ok" button.
14. On your computer, the screen will quickly flash a green pop up message confirming that the fob was successfully mapped to a user
15. You can also confirm by scrolling to the right and checking that you see the user's new fob ID appear
This photo shows the old ID, the deleted ID, and the new ID: